- Setup 3 cones, 10 yards apart in a single line.
- Setup 3 more cones, offsetting the first set of cones in a staggered pattern.
- Split your team into 2 lines behind the cones.
- Player 1 passes to player 2 then runs to the next cone. Each player makes a pass and then runs to receive another pass.
- have your players use their right foot only for 1 to 2 minutes
- have your players use their left foot only for 1 to 2 minutes
Hey Coaches. I’m Chai Nakpiban and today we’re going to be exploring a drill called the Wall Pass Drill. This drill introduces the concept of passing and moving.To set it up, you’ll need a total of 6 cones and 1 ball for every 2 players. First, set up 3 cones about 10 yards apart in a single line.And then to setup the other line and offset the next 3 cones so that that they’re lined up with the middle of the first line. So now you have 2 lines of cones kind of in a staggered pattern.
To start the drill, have 2 players start at the first 2 cones, with the ball at the nearest cone.Next, player 1 makes a pass to player 2 and then runs to the next cone. Player 2 traps the ball then makes a pass and runs to the next cone.This repeats until they get to the last cone. After the players finish, have them run on the outside of the cones so they don’t interfere with the next group.