- Setup 2 cones for every 3 players, 15 - 20 yards apart from each other.
- Have 2 players at each cone and 1 player in the middle.
- Make sure the middle player makes a good trap and turns followed by a good pass.
- have your players use their right foot only for 1 to 2 minutes
- have your players use their left foot only for 1 to 2 minutes
Hi, I'm Chai Nakpiban and welcome to the Turn and Pass Drill.This drill will help your players improve their ability to receive the ball and turn and will also improve passing and awareness. To set up this drill, you’ll need a total of 2 cones for every 3 players and one ball. Setup the 2 cones 15 to 20 yards apart and have 2 players stand at each side of the cones with 1 player in the middle.
The player in the middle should start with the ball and make a pass to a player on the cone.The player on the cone will then trap the ball and pass it back.The middle player will then receive the ball, turn, then make a pass to the player on the opposite cone.The cycle repeats after this.
Coaches make sure the player in the middle makes a good trap using the inside of their foot or even the bottom of their foot and then is able to turn and make a good quality pass.